JCT – Joining Communities Together
Joining Communities Together, known as JCT, is a registered charity established in 2015. We are proud to be a Christian charity that welcomes people of all faiths or no faith. The charity was set up to help people out of homelessness, address isolation and generally help people restore their dignity and enjoy their communities. Over the years, we have worked hard to ensure we address gaps in provision. As a result we now focus operations on Coventry and London and specialise in addressing homelessness for rough sleepers, refugees and asylum seekers. We are very proud to provide OISC accredited advice to level one and are aiming to achieve level two in 2022. We work in multi-agency partnerships, side by side with the Councils and key agencies where we operate.
At JCT, our vision is to see people change their lives and exit homelessness for good through accessing sustainable housing and being a valid part of the communities they live in. We recognise that working with people with complex needs requires a multi-faceted and collaborative approach to address the problems that prevent people having happy and leading fulfilling lives.
JCT’s central aim is to break the cycles of poverty, homelessness and destitution. We provide immediate response to crisis by accessing emergency accommodation where we can and linking our clients to all the specialist help they need. We address issues of lack of income, benefits, documentation, OISC level one immigration advice directly. We have a network of partner agencies who will provide help with for example, ill-health (mental and physical), drug and alcohol misuse, debt, legal and employment. There are six key aspects to our service that help us be client focused and responsive to need:
- We are kind to people but honest and professional at the same time.
- Immediate, quick, responsive crisis intervention to prevent rough sleeping through the provision of hostels, Streetlink referrals and outreach teams.
- Helping clients gain or retain housing through our specialist, bespoke, holistic support to address the wider issues that keep people out of sustainable housing.
- Well trained staff in trauma-informed, strength-based practices with coproduction at the heart of what we do.
- Immigration advice through our OISC accredited advice to level one
- We offer a range of languages including Farsi, Dari, Romanian and German and South Korean.
Our Faith Ethos
JCT is a Christian charity that welcomes people of all faiths and none. This means that we are a charity built on Christian foundations where every single person is celebrated as unique and with potential, but do not proselytise in any way. Please see the attached Faith Ethos Statement which I hope you will read with interest.