JCT – Joining Communities Together
JCT services are designed to help people experiencing social isolation and economic hardship to rebuild their lives by finding sustainable pathways out of crisis.
Our work includes specialists projects for people who are rough sleeping and at risk of homelessness. We operate with a strong emphasis on strategic partnerships with local councils and other agencies to ensure that we deliver sustainable outcomes for our clients.
We currently deliver our core services under our REACT and Let’s Talk programmes to deliver capacity building and social cohesion outcomes.
JCT is a registered charity (No: 1165925), established to provide facilities and services to work with people in need. JCT currently provide services in the following areas of need under our two main programmes, REACT and Let’s Talk with specific regional projects under each programme to meet local need.
REACT programme aim: To help people in crisis make significant progress in their lives
- Offer information, advice & guidance;
- Co-ordinate accommodation and emergency support;
- Practical support for benefits with referrals for substance misuse, physical and mental health.
- Resource Hubs to provide practical support for hygiene and help to access other basic needs such as food or travel.
Let’s Talk programme aim: To reduce isolation, increase social cohesion and build capacity for independent living
- ESOL classes, online or in-person (subject to Covid Restrictions)
- Conversation classes to build language use and confidence.
- Creative Conversation and Art sessions building skills and confidence.
- Co-Production Support Groups
We are a national charity delivering regional projects to meet local needs. We are currently operating in the regions of London and the Midlands.
Meet Lorraine – Resource Hub Manager
Lorraine Kinnear is the new resource hub manager at the Westminster base.
Lorraine, What are you most passionate about and why?
“Firstly I am passionate about seeing people’s lives transformed, being a voice for the voiceless and showing hope to the hopeless. This is why working with people who are homeless is so important to me. Supporting them to find their way out of crisis is so valuable and I am looking forward to sharing in this work with the rest of the team.”
how we can help