JCT – Joining Communities Together
JCT was started in Coventry in 2002 and has been working with homeless people ever since. Through our resource hubs, workshops, community events and 1-1 casework, we have worked with over 1,700 people a year in London and Coventry since 2008. Our services are co-produced alongside people experiencing homelessness and seek to provide safe spaces for trauma-recovery and change.
We provide practical and social support for people in crisis who are experiencing or at risk of homelessness. Our services equip people with the resources they need to rebuild their lives and exit homelessness.
The Rapid Enagement and Crisis Team (REACT) focus on finding rapid, sustainable and safe pathways out of homelessness.
- Resource hubs – providing crisis and basic needs support showers, IT access, and primary health referrals;
- Casework support: Caseworkers provide customised, individual support to help clients access and maintain accommodation.
The Let’s Talk programme focuses on facilitating service-user involvement, reducing social isolating and empowering clients to live independent and fulfilling lives
- LetsTalk Lunch – A support group for women who have experienced homelessness;
- Community Feast lunch events;
- ESOL and conversion classes for refugees and asylum seekers ;